Do you have an anxious pet? Does your pet suffer from separation anxiety at night? One of the best solutions is to get a pet bed for anxiety in USA. The ultra soft pet bed in USA will not only give your pooch a good night's sleep but also offer him a 'safe' spot. You have several options in choosing a plush dog bed. The types of ultra soft pet bed differ in size, materials, and shape. While buying the anxiety pet bed in USA, you need to get a product that is ideal for your pet. Consider the habits of your pet before buying a super soft dog bed. Your dog's age and unique needs are also deciding factors before buying the plush pet bed in USA. Here's your step-by-step buying guide on all you need to know before purchasing a good ultra soft pet bed in USA.
Size of the Plush Pet Bed in USA
The size of the ultra soft pet bed in USA should be comfortable for Fido. The soft plush dog bed should be such that it provides total support to him. You can find the anxiety pet bed in USA in different sizes suitable for small to medium and large dogs. Here's how you can get a good pet bed for anxiety in USA.
Measure Your Dog
Do not buy the ultra soft pet bed in USA on a buyer's whim. Instead, make a well-informed decision of getting the best plush pet bed in USA. This is important to avoid buyer's remorse in getting the right pet bed for anxiety in USA.
Follow this step-by-step guide on buying the best ultra soft pet bed in USA.
- Gently approach your dog when he is sleeping to take the measurements for the anxiety pet bed.
- Use a measuring tape to find out the length from his tip of the nose to the end of the tail. The plush pet bed in USA should cover this entire length.
- Add 8 to 10 inches to the length mentioned above to get the size of the ultra soft pet bed in USA.
- If you are planning to buy a round or oval anxiety pet bed in USA, use this measurement as the diameter.
- If you want to buy a rectangular ultra soft pet bed in USA, use the measurement for the length of the bed.
Depending on the Size of Your Dog
All manufacturers offer standard sizes for anxiety pet bed in USA. Check out their inventory to decide the ideal size of the plush pet bed in USA. Decide whether you want a large plush dog bed. You can also choose from plush dog beds small or get a plush dog bed medium size.
The Growing Needs of Your Dog
Consider the growing needs of your dog before buying a pet bed for anxiety in USA. If you have a puppy, do some research on its adult size before choosing the plush pet bed in USA. If you get a small anxiety pet bed in USA for your pup, you may later have to buy a separate bigger one. To avoid this problem, get a plush pet bed in USA in the larger size if you have a big or medium dog breed. For your small pup, you can use towels to manage the size of a large anxiety pet bed in USA.
Consider How Your Pet Sleeps before Buying Pet Bed for Anxiety in USA
Dogs have different sleeping positions. Observe your pet carefully while sleeping. This should help you purchase the best pet bed for anxiety in USA. Here is a roundup of different types of sleeping positions. This should help you get the right ultra soft pet bed in USA.
Dogs Sleeping on Their Sides
Some dogs sleep predominantly on their sides. A simple flat ultra soft pet bed in USA should be the right choice. If you are buying an oval or rounded plush pet bed in USA, make sure that the diameter fits the length of the dog. It should give your pet sufficient space to have a comfortable nap.
Dogs Sleeping on Their Bellies
Many dogs prefer to sleep on their bellies with their feet sprawling on either side. A circular or round dog anxiety bed should be ideal in this scenario. Get your pet's bed big enough so that the feet do not dangle from the sides.
Dogs leaning on something while they sleep
Do you find your dog resting his head on his paws while he sleeps? Some pets also jump onto your bed and rest their heads on pillows as they sleep. Get an anxiety pet bed in USA with raised sides. These help your pet to rest his head on a raised side just like a pillow.
Dogs Burrowing Into Blankets While They Sleep
Some dogs are extra anxious. They tend to burrow into blankets while they sleep. There are special cave type beds for them. The cave-type plush pet bed in USA helps dogs relax in a snuggly ambiance. These have been found very effective in dealing with anxiety.
Dogs Curling Up While They Sleep
Some dogs prefer to sleep curled. The oval pet bed for anxiety in USA is ideal for them. You can get the ones with raised sides or one with a caved-in arrangement for the pet.
The Science Behind Anxiety Pet Bed in USA
So, what is the science behind anxiety bed for dogs? How are they supposed to work?
- These typically work by replicating the sense of security from the litter.
- You see, when dogs are very young, their only sense of security was in snuggling close to their mama.
- Huddling with their siblings also offered this sense of calm.
- Young pups do not have their eyes or ears opened.
- They squeal when they feel anxious, and nap when they feel secure. A plush pet bed in USA replicates this behavior and helps anxious pets be at ease.
This is why getting an ultra soft pet bed in USA makes fur babies relax in the comforting softness. The furry anxiety pet bed in USA with a cave-like space allows dogs to surround themselves with comfort. However, it depends on the individual nature of the dogs. Not all pets prefer to burrow in a blanket when they sleep. Some of them just want a warm comfortable place to lie, or lean upon. You should watch the natural sleeping posture of your pet closely before choosing the right plush pet bed in USA.
Some Tips for the Best Use of Anxiety Pet Bed in USA
Follow these tips to ensure that the anti anxiety pet bed really works. With regular application of these tips, your pets will be able to overcome their separation anxieties.
Place the Bed in An Area with Low Footfall
Dogs are territorial animals. They are possessive of their territories, and this also includes the ultra soft pet bed in USA. You should let them enjoy their personal den (in this case, the pet bed for anxiety in USA). Assign a quiet corner of your house for placing the ultra soft pet bed in USA. Avoid walking to and fro around their beds when your dog is sleeping. They are naturally very alert animals and find it difficult to have rest with all that commotion. If you have children at home, teach them not to disturb the sleeping dog.
Make It Familiar by Your Presence
Remember that your odor is one of the most familiar feelings for your pet. He regards you as his pack leader and your smell assures him that everything is alright. You can place one of your old T-shirts on the pet bed for anxiety in USA. Every new item for pets has an initial 'breaking-in' period. The old T-shirt trick helps with that as well and helps your pet to be familiar with the plush pet bed in USA.
See That Your Pet Has Access to His Favorite Chew Toys
Just like the bed, chew toys also offer comfort to the pet. Place his favorite chew toys on the ultra soft pet bed in USA. This allows you to combine the goodness of both the chew toy and the bed. Remember that dogs also like variety. They tend to get bored. In case, they are not liking a particular chew toy, boredom may be the reason. You can give them another one and see if he likes it.
Take Your Pet for A Walk Before Sleeping at Night
Take your pet for a night walk before leading him to the anti anxiety dog bed at night. Dogs generally love walking and spending time with you. Besides, the night walk is also vital for doing their business. Follow the general rule of thumb on how long pets can hold their pee. It is the number of hours found by adding one to the age in months of the dog. It should work well till your dog is of eight months of age. This means a six months old pup can hold his pee for almost seven hours. For younger pups, you may want to give them a pee break in the middle of the night to avoid accidents.
Practice Positive Reinforcement
You need to reinforce your dog's attachment with the pet bed for anxiety in USA. This might mean that you have to teach your dog the new command of 'settle down.'
How To Train Your Pet To Settle Down
- The 'settle down' command is similar to the 'down' command. Once you have taught the 'down' command to your dog, the 'settle down' command should be easy. It is meant to train the dog to settle on his ultra soft pet bed in USA instead of jumping on your bed.
- Take a handful of bite-size treats and keep them handy.
- First, lead your dog to the plush pet bed in USA.
- When your dog is seated, take the treat in your hand and lower it near the floor.
- This will cause your dog to get down on his feet.
- Next, rollover your hand, so that your dog gets to a sleeping position.
- Give the treat and speak the command 'settle down' in a firm and upbeat tone.
- Repeat this training every night so that your dog learns to use his plush pet bed in USA.
- Reward your dog with vocal praise and petting every time he does it right.
As your dog learns to get to his anxiety calming dog bed without you having to say anything, continue the positive reinforcement training. Remember to repeat the 'settle down' command every time he naturally chooses the pet bed for anxiety in USA.
How To Stop Destructive Behavior In Dogs
Destructive behavior such as tearing up their beds can be a manifestation of anxiety in dogs. How do you train a dog not to destroy his anxiety pet bed in USA? The clue is in the same positive reinforcement training for the pet.
- Avoid negative reinforcement: In other words, do not punish your dog for tearing the pet bed for anxiety in USA. You must have patience. Remember that the dog might repeat the behavior. Have patience and replace the anxiety pet bed in USA.
- Try the tips mentioned here to reduce the anxiety of your pet. Be consistent in your training to get the pet to like the ultra soft pet bed in USA.
- Practice positive reinforcement.
- Destructive behavior can also be due to pent-up energy. Make sure that your pet gets enough exercise.
How To Choose a Plush Pet Bed in USA
You have to get the perfect plush pet bed in USA. You need to follow the natural sleeping behavior of your dog. In addition, you may want to get a pet bed for anxiety in USA that is aesthetic and matches your decor. The good news is that there are different color and texture options available when it comes to choosing the anxiety pet bed in USA. You can also try popular options like the pet dreams ultra soft & reversible crate bedding.
- See if the anxiety pet bed in USA is washable. Even when the entire bed may not be washable, it should have a removable cover. The pet bed for anxiety in USA is going to get dirty over time. If your dog has an incontinence problem, you should choose a waterproof cover for the anxiety pet bed in USA.
- You can also get a hammock-style pet bed for anxiety in USA. This is especially suitable for dogs that like to sleep in elevated places rather than on the floor.
- If you have an older dog, you can get an orthopedic ultra plush soft pet dog sleeping bed.
- You can also get 'hot' or 'cool' beds that come with temperature regulation features. For example, if your dog has a furry coat, you can get a cool and calming dog bed with pet anti anxiety.